> On Jun 29, 12:29=A0pm, "vssdoug" <vssd...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > "Frank Kurz" <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > At least he won't have to worry about spelling. =A0:-)
>
> > I'm not really sure that Pete was ever worried about spelling.
>
> > Doug
>
> They have not used Morse code in =A0the oceans for many years now =A0its
> basically dead.. Ham Radio still requires a test unlike CB and you
> would be surprised how many can not even pass novice level.
> That said it did not help that the shit shack and other sold ham
> radios to those with no ham license. but One thing Ham radio polices
> it self so you do not have the wild west that CB is. which it self is
> pretty dead except for truckers construction sites and in country
> where its the hill billy cell phone.-

I still remember my Morse code from my Navy days. Certainly not as
fast anymore. I have a little app on my desktop to practice every once
in awhile.

I saw a demonstration on TV awhile ago. They had two people send the
same message ... one  sending a text message on a cell phone and
someone sending it using Morse code. Code was done in half the time.

So much for modern technology.

It's just too bad you can't find a cell phone with a butterfly key on
it.