Re: alarm receiver emulators

Yes, you can setup a SIP trunk on Asterisk and have your alarm panel call
from a landline.

There is a way to get a free SIP trunk and it's a two step process.

1. Setup an account with www.ipkall.com and get a free Washington number.

2. Setup an account with www.voxalot.com and creat a SIP accoount.

3. Forward your ipkall.com number to voxalot.com account.

4. Setup voxalot account as a trunk on Asterisk.

5. Program your alarm panel to call the Washington number, and voila ...
Asterisk answer the call.

The problem is, we all know that alarm signals don't play well with VOIP, so
you may or may not get a successfull communication between the two.