Re: Bridge Rectifiers - NEVERMIND Less than $3.00 each new

On Jan 10, 3:16 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> messagenews:igf70p$r48$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >I am working retrofitting a control system (hobby stuff - (industrial
> >hobby)) and I was considering reusing some of the components. One of the
> >things is a 230-60V transformer that feeds into a modularized bridge
> >rectifier to produce 84VDC under load. The transformer is fine, the caps
> >(BIG caps) need to be tested, but I was wondering if the diodes in the
> >rectifier have a predictable service life? I can make my own easily
> >enough
> >with a handful of heavy diodes, but I really like the neat packaging of
> >this modular one. One less thing to have to bread board. This is NOT a
> >low current application.
>
> Nevermind. I just looked for the heck of it. 400V 25 amps. 2.75 each new.
> ROFL.

* That's hardly worth the skin off your fingers ..... it took to type
* the question. ;-)

Well... I have them.  I thought no point in buying them if I already have
them  Then I looked on Ebay and the asking price for the driver boards they
are on (which I won't be using) are several hundred dollars each used.  I
suspect I could list the boards I am pulling with a starting bid of a dollar
and more than make back enough to buy new rectifiers, and new caps, and
maybe even a couple of the driver boards I do plan to use.  LOL.