Home cameras for outdoors?

I'm new to this, but we need to get some decent quality reliable, but not
real expensive surveillance cameras setup around the outside of our house,
with a DVR that can record all channels.

With wireless systems, what powers the cameras? Do you have to keep changing
batteries all the time, or do you run power to them?

Are the wireless channels encrypted?

I was hoping to get outdoor cameras as part of a packaged system like that,
but with PTZ - pan tilt zoom and night vision too, but don't see that
offered. Most of what I see is just night vision.

Does the PTZ stuff make it super expensive?