Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

A couple friends of mine did lose a house, to a garage fire.
They are in northern NYS. They heated with wood, so the
insurance companies didn't want to insure them. Needs
"automatic heat". The house is a loss, and no insurance to
help rebuild.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jamesgangnc" <jamesgangnc@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message

I got 8 sprinkler
heads to put in the garage I'm building out at our lake
house.  Picked
them up on ebay for about $5 apiece.  Idea came to me after
some of
our friends almost burned down their house with a garage
fire.
Happened while they were at home and they didn't know it
until the
neighbor called them.  By then flames were rolling up the
outside
wall.  $100k+ in damages and it barely got out of the garage
into the
living space above before the fire dept put it out.

I think you could do a whole house for a couple hundred in
materials.
Not sure how much additional plumber labor but I would think
you could
keep it under a grand total.  My grandparents house in
missisppi built
in the 1920's had sprinklers located in on the ceiling in
front of
each fireplace hearth.  Since there was a fireplace in every
room it
amounted to a whole house sprinkler system.