Re: Anyone heard for Rojas?

On Dec 30, 10:18=A0am, Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 30/12/2011 6:50 AM, tourman wrote:
>

> > On Dec 24, 3:04 pm, "Just Looking"<S...@xxxxxxxxxx> =A0wrote:
> >> I was looking through the posts and haven't noticed anything for Jim R=
ojas
> >> in a while. I see his Tech-man site is still up, but is it up like the=
 Bass
> >> site and Jim is elsewhere? I wonder if there is another big national c=
ompany
> >> still out to screw him over again and he is keeping a low profile?
> >> I wonder what ever happened to that brink stink lawyer with the 'hands=
ome'
> >> comb over? Maybe he was afraid of getting the nick name 'plugs' like t=
he
> >> Vice President. Maybe he was too cheap? I can't fault him for cheap, p=
eople
> >> in glass house you know, but he certainly had the cash after his payda=
y from
> >> bending Jim over.
>
> > RHC: I doubt they got anything. It's all about show with the big
> > companies. ADT sued me some years ago for something I said on my
> > website that wasn't true. I had been given information that was
> > incorrect by an ex ADT disgruntled dealer and I failed to check it out
> > - my error. There was a guy I knew who sold his small company to ADT
> > and joined them as some sort of manager or whatever. He called me and
> > told me about the errors after which I immediately removed them (as I
> > told him, if there is any doubt, it doesn't stay on my website).
> > However, the little prick went to ADT's lawyers unnecessarily to make
> > himself look good (hey....I'm watching the shop ) and those characters
> > came after me with lead boots on. Luckily for me, the lawyer turned
> > out to be both a nice guy and very reasonable, and as two people, we
> > worked out my retraction, and the problem went away without legal
> > action.
>
> > If ADT had as many service staff as they do lawyers on call, they
> > wouldn't be losing so many customers ! But they'll never get it - too
> > much "institutionalized corporate stupidity" built in to any large
> > company for it to ever sink in....
>
> I've had my share of Lawyer's letters only they've threatened Libel and
> Slander. =A0One thing I've learned is that you can't publish anything to
> any medium that you're not one hundred percent sure of. =A0Pictures,
> Robert... =A0Pictures! =A0The other thing I've learned is that you have t=
> be polite in your responses when you nail them with the facts. =A0:-)
>
> http://www.firetechs.net/Burning_Brick_Awards/Burning_Brick_Award.asp
>
> --
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net

RHC: Yes, you are dead right both counts. I'd love to tell people up
on my website what a scumbag outfit Alarmforce is and how much of a
scam it is, but not worth the hassle from their lawyers. I'm sure they
have more of them than "installers". Besides, if people are that
stupid, nothing I can tell them that will make any difference.

I learned those lessons the hard way, but luckily the ADT lawyer was a
real gentleman. When it was all over, he actually called me in person
to wish me a Merry Xmas. It was the first time he and I had actually
spoken in person, and he left me with the impression if he ever needed
an alarm, he'd give me a call....stranger things have happened but not
to me...:))