Re: camera motion detection ...... optical -vs- infrared

"nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Aug 23, 12:15 pm, John Moore <JMo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've got a small security setup that looks for motion detection by
> comparing frames of the picture image. Anything sets it off -- shadows
> from clouds, moving bushes, etc. If I turn the sensitivity down, the
> system does not reliably detect people or cars. So ...... I've got tons
> of video to wade thru and relatively few captures.
>
> I thought if I could use infrared to trigger the cameras, I'd get much
> fewer false recordings. Unfortunately, PIRs do not have the range and
> sensitivity I need. I don't mind buying new cameras (6) and software
> within reason.
>
> Any thoughts?

Your viewing to wide an area with the cameras and need to exclude
areas where it is not required to be reviewed.

I agree with Nick, but you are still going to have similar issues when you
are trying to use motion detection in a outside environment.  There are just
too many variables that will cause a trip on video motion.  If you search
Google for "RedWall Motion Detectors"

They are not cheap but they will work.  That is if placement is possible and
the range is what you need.

Good Luck,

Les