Re: weird one?

news:60024288-b821-4ab0-b093-bca5830374c1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jun 25, 4:28 pm, RJD314 <rdvorak...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 14, 7:59 pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Had an Safeguard FA ( Vista 20P) I took over few month back always
> > sends signals but Sunday they armed it about 4:4 Pm and about 20
> > minutes later some one possibly hiding in store sets alarm off steals
> > some change from register central does not get alarm signal but panel
> > log shows it did alarm
> > how ever it does not say if it communicated unfortunately
> > but 25 min later when a store manager came back in central got alarm
> > and cancel when he turned alarm off unaware alarm had activated he
> > leaves 14 minutes later sets system and at 6:20 am alarm goes off and
> > central got that alarm signal when there was a second break in
> > any one else experience this panel is set for contact ID and has 800
> > plus back up exchange number. something very weird going on here.

Were this alarm on the same zone? Maybe one alarm came in on a zone not
programmed to report while the other alarm came in on a zone that was
programmed to communicate...

I have had problems like this on DSC panels but it was due to a phone line
issue at the time. However, if someone was to unplugg the RJ31x phone cord,
set the alarm off, then plug it back in, we have always experienced with DSC
panels, it will dump the information to the central station once a good
phone line has been restored...