Re: What a stupid way to design a panel SK

On Apr 20, 2:53=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 9:19=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 19, 7:08=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > We all know panel take overs happen all the time why they would desig=
> > > the SK 5808 that only way it can be defaulted is sent back to factory
> > > and leaving a client with out protection is beyond me. at least the
> > > older panels you could change a chip or use a jumper etc to reset it.
> > > Typical stupid engineer thinking.
>
> > RHC: Hey, it's no different than the same stupid engineering thinking
> > that designed the hardware lockout feature. Both manufacturers want
> > you to have to buy another board, rather than reuse an existing one
> > again. Designing the old one that way, or putting in an installer lock
> > feature in the newer ones just ensures that profit trumps ethics. What
> > else is new ??
>
> How is that an ethics issue by the factory? It has nothing to do with
> profiting from the replaced board, it's called S E C U R I T Y

Some company's have back up boards many do not. In my case A 5700 will
handle the30+ points till I get this one back
But how many company's would leave no protection ? good question
The lock out feature while your responsible for panel I will go for
that but then you have the duty to unlock it once your contract is up.
and how many will sit there and whine and cry and carry on like little
baby's there losing 1 account like its taking food out of there kids
mouth.
Way too much greed and unprofessional  behavior in life safety  these
days.