Trouble? with Vista Panel

I have an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 system which seems to be an ADT branded
Ademco Vista 15 Panel. I own the system.

I recently cancelled my service with ADT. They changed my Installer Code to
a simple number and gave it to me. The system was fine in subsequent weeks.

Then we had a fire alarm activation.(Wife burned the chicken.) I turned off
the racket by pressing the off button and it stopped. I then used our
regular master-code-plus-off to clear the touchpad's memory of the fire
alarm. That worked, too.

But, ever since this event, I noticed that all buttons on all of my three
touchpads are permanently illuminated. It is a very low-level light. Is this
a fault condition, or were these lights always on and I just did not notice
them, especially with the swing-down front door closed. Is this so owners
can push the buttons in the dark?

The burglar alarm system is working OK. It can be alarmed and disarmed from
the touchpads.

If this is a fault, how can I resolve this problem?  Hate to pay $ 200 for a
service call if this is a normal condition.

Would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks
--
Walter