Re: multiple PTZ on dvr?

On 4/18/2011 2:51 PM, Chuck wrote:
> I picked up a Speco DVR-4TL and 4 PTZ cams.  Looking over the documentation
> reveals on a single set of RS485 signals that is accessed thru a DA-15 D-sub
> connector on the back of the unit.  Looks like some type of multiplexer
> would be required but I don't find any Speco product offerings that fill the
> role.
>
> Ideally, the best candidate for the function would have PTZ controls
> (joystick?) and camera selector buttons in a console with four-plus RS-485
> output pairs.  Can you recommend any gear like this?
>
> Thanks.

I think you just assign an address to each camera.  Look over your docs.
  I do Pelco PTZ over RS422 on Dedicated Micros DVRs that way regularly.
  Each one has a unique address.  Alternatively, if they support control
over coax (coaxitron) then whatever camera is selected receives the
control signals.

Contact Pelco if you are stuck on their equipment and ask them.