Re: ADT Dealer Kit - E-Tail, same price as wholesale.

On Apr 13, 8:05=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 7:53=A0pm, Bob La Londe <n...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I looked up the DSC 1616 kit, and found one E-tailer who had it for the
> > same price as wholesale. =A0The only thing that would concern me is tha=
> > it says "ADT DEALER KIT". =A0What the heck does that mean? =A0Is the ke=
ypad
> > private labeled? =A0Is the program different?
>
> > I actually might buy it E-Tail if I go that way since my other DSC
> > source is Tri-Ed and they suck.
>
> If its like the ademco panels the key pad is ADT private label and
> only transmits in CID =A0and you may or may not be able to download into
> it . original ademco panels you could use compass after couple years
> you needed the specail version.

RHC: My experience with DSC panels that are branded ADT is some of the
programming is slightly different (DSC 5010 anyway) and they sometimes
cannot be downloaded properly either. Don't trust them (ADT or ADT
branded panels). Buy a generic DSC somewhere else.

I have seen DSC panels on internet sales sites in the US that are
selling at retail for less than I can buy them wholesale here in
Canada where they are made.  What gives anyway ???