Re: What the future holds for ASA

On Apr 10, 3:27=A0pm, "RockyTSquirrel" <gafa_...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't see why your participation in this group can't yield the same
> results. =A0ASA has (over the years) garnered a large group of readers.
> The past is the past. =A0The group has seen some real improvement over th=
> last two years. =A0I don't think a private forum will be of any particula=
> benefit. =A0Just my opinion.

You should know that:

1. I have been participating for the past 22 years, just not publicly
for the last ten or so to avoid the attacks and other BS occurring in
the group.
2. That the forum is not a replacement for the newsgroup, there are
links to both on the FaceBook page.
3. The forum WILL be a controlled atmosphere where people do not have
to endure personal attacks or other situations and most of the "newer
Internet Users" will feel more comfortable.
4. The forum does require registration but it does not ask for your
real name, etc... you just have to validate the email address to show
that you are a real person.   We'll be working on FB integration so
that the extra registration for the forum won't be necessary if you
are logged into FB already.

Basically you can sit in the cafe and have a civilized discussion
(forum) or you can go to the bar next door (newsgroup) and risk the un-
civility there.  You'll find people to answer your questions either
place, which you use is up to you.

--
Steve Ryckman

Visit the new FaceBook Alt.Security.Alarms launchpad at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AltSecurityAlarms/201879703167854?sk=3Dinfo