Re: What the future holds for ASA

Frank Kurz <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I don't see why your participation in this group can't yield the same
>results.  ASA has (over the years) garnered a large group of readers.
>The past is the past.  The group has seen some real improvement over the
>last two years.  I don't think a private forum will be of any particular
>benefit.  Just my opinion.

The only private forum I've seen success with is Rory's cctvforum.com

If I wanted to participate in a private forum, it would ideally be one that only
allows verified security professions as members.  That way we could discuss
dealer pricing and programs, potential weakness in systems, and use industry
terms without a newbie going 'huh'?

Such a forum would also allow us to share software that is not available to
end-users.

Maybe Mr. Ryckman will consider adding a "Pro's Only" sub-forum?