Re: Eastern CCTV (NOT Eastern Distributing)

"Bob La Londe" <onebikenut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I got a flier from them the other day.  They have mostly the same low end
>import and house brand stuff as a lot of other flier marketer CCTV
>companies.  One thing I noticed though was a 20 AMP DC power supply for a
>pretty decent price.
>
> I have been using two Altronix SMP10s for most 16 camera w/IR
> installations.
>
> You can buy two of Eastern's power supply in a can for the price of one
> Altronix SMP10.  Atleast at the advertised sale price in their flier.
> That means for the price of power supplies from Altronix for one site I
> could power four sites from Eastern.
>
> Now the big questions.
>
> Have any of you guys used one?
> How clean was the power?
> Big caps?  Little caps?  No caps?

I have that flier as well.  You are talking about the CP1218-20A??

Never used one but from the tiny picture it is not a PS that I would use.
I have a tendency to not buy from these fliers.  I pretty much look at them
see what else is out there.
Remember you always get what you pay for.

It does say that it has 18 channels, which would be a small bonus.

Les