Re: A Ha as I suspected. UL 864 has addressed battery issue

jackcsg wrote:
> On Sep 24, 6:32 pm, Nicholas Markowicz<nmarkowic...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Seems to me many of the new 9th addition Fire and combo fire panels
>> now have extra vent holes in the metal cans to help keep the battery's
>> cooler could explain why we have been seeing less battery life and
>> batteries cracked and exploded.
>
> Could be a two-sided story. Most dealers I know buy cheap ass Chinese
> Batteries.
> Holes in the story; or Holes in the can...what's it matter.

I have installed mini computer fans with a mini temp sensor in
commercial panels & power supply cans for years. I don't use the cheap
batteries, but the cheapest battery I will use is the ELK. Other than
that, Yuasa batteries really can't be beat.

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com
8002 Cornwall Lane