Another asshole learns the hard way over elevator codes

One of the alarm dealers I help out with complicated fire systems was
asked to hook up an old
9200 Fire-Lite panel to an elevator  that is being replaced with a new
one . Needless to say you need relays for primary, alternate floor,
Fire Hat warning and Shunt trip. etc plus monitor the shunt trip power
and the 15 yr old 9200 will not do it. as its 80 feet from elevator.
I went out looked everything over including making sure they have
right shunt trip breaker which I at first questioned because I have
not seen this brand new design.and it was right
and sat and explained everything we needed to do to meet the new
code.Including changing the panel. to be able to supervise the
relays.  they where looking at $4500.00 for what we had to do.

Needless to say they said elevator man said the old panel would work
and they only need to trip a couple relays. and add couple smokes.

So I said Fine you can get the elevator man to hook it up for you. and
walked out.

In the end they hired a big alarm company who charged them $12,000.00
and it took 3 times with state elevator to get it to pass. and they
where delayed 2 months time using the elevator.
some ass holes never learn