Re: Another asshole learns the hard way over elevator codes

On Sep 15, 7:31=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 6:36=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > One of the alarm dealers I help out with complicated fire systems was
> > asked to hook up an old
> > 9200 Fire-Lite panel to an elevator =A0that is being replaced with a ne=
> > one . Needless to say you need relays for primary, alternate floor,
> > Fire Hat warning and Shunt trip. etc plus monitor the shunt trip power
> > and the 15 yr old 9200 will not do it. as its 80 feet from elevator.
> > I went out looked everything over including making sure they have
> > right shunt trip breaker which I at first questioned because I have
> > not seen this brand new design.and it was right
> > and sat and explained everything we needed to do to meet the new
> > code.Including changing the panel. to be able to supervise the
> > relays. =A0they where looking at $4500.00 for what we had to do.
>
> > Needless to say they said elevator man said the old panel would work
> > and they only need to trip a couple relays. and add couple smokes.
>
> > So I said Fine you can get the elevator man to hook it up for you. and
> > walked out.
>
> > In the end they hired a big alarm company who charged them $12,000.00
> > and it took 3 times with state elevator to get it to pass. and they
> > where delayed 2 months time using the elevator.
> > some ass holes never learn
>
> I know =A0you have your reasons for not liking residential work
>
> and you just reminded me why I don't like commercial.

Commercial is not that hard as long as you can stay on top of the code
and have understanding customers.
its the assholes like this I just avoid all together.
Some people do not want to hear the truth and think they know it all
and have to find out the hard way when they get red tagged.