Re: Cell Video

news:a9074956-5264-4164-ab78-2e198f639dc5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sep 10, 11:37 am, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Frank Kurz" <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > "Mobidoes and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy..."  or so I
>> > always
>> > thought...  :-)
>>
>> I got TotalControl working.  Jury is still out.  The setup hangs if you
>> have
>> the phone in landscape mode.  Since I switch to landscape automatically
>> when
>> I need to slide out the keyboard and enter data that is a problem.  I
>> have
>> to use the virtual keyboard in portrait mode with its tiny touch keys.
>> On a
>> DVR it seems like you have to setup each camera as an individual
>> connection.
>> Yuck!  I have an e-mail off to them about it, but they have already
>> decided
>> I am an idiot so I may not get much there.
>>
>> "I can't stress enough how people who have no clue about computers or
>> cameras can figure out the two pages in minutes without any assistance."
>>
>> On a price side Mobideos is a subscription service using their server to
>> route video.  Total Control is a one time purchase using a direct
>> connection
>> to the site.
>>
>> Dedicated Micros is working on their own application, but its months out,
>> and they only mentioned the iPhone.  Yuck again.
>
> I haven't looked into either one of them. Are they event recorders
> like the Napco thingy or streaming?

Mobideos and TotalControl are cell phone applications for viewing cameras
from your DVR or viewing your network camera on your cell phone.  (Only
works on smartphones with a data plan)  So far I have only tested them on my
Droid 2 and the MobiDEOS seems to work better and loads faster.  I imagine
it works in a similar fashion to iSeeVideo or iRemote from Napco.

All of them are subscription supported except the TotalControl.  Sadly the
guys with Total Control did not answer my last couple questions.

If I recall the Napco doohickey only supports upto six cameras and doesn't
have switching support for bigger DVRs.  Might be nice for a small
residential system, but for the bigger commercial systems its not going to
cut it.

One at a time MobiDEOS seems to be able to support a number of cameras (One
at a time) on my phone.  I have two DVRs setup on it from clients who have
said I could use their systems for demos.  One has 15 cams and the other has
6.

P.S.  Tri-Ed still sucks.  (Has nothing to do with this topic)

--
The Security Consultant
P.O. Box 5720

(928) 782-9765 ofc