Re: Wadda Ya Do

On Sep 2, 2:55=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> History:
> A couple years ago:
> The home owner decides to cancel service by not paying their bill. =A0Mul=
tiple
> notices including notice that they have to send a written notice if they
> want to discontinue service. =A0They are cancelled for nonpayment. =A0The=
> customer owns the actual system.
>
> A couple months ago:
> A renter calls wanting to know if I can setup or disable the alarm for th=
em.
> I believe they were getting trouble displays at the keypad. =A0I explaine=
> that they will either have to pay for a service call or they will need to=
 go
> on service with us. =A0They decided to do nothing.
>
> This morning:
> The renter calls to make sure my number is a working number so they can
> forward it to the property owner (the non paying previous occupant) in or=
der
> to arrange service.
>
> A few minutes ago:
> I get a call from somebody claiming to be a sheriff's deputy wanting me t=
> tell them over the phone how to disable the alarm at that location becaus=
> the sirens are going and the keypads are dead. =A0Probably is a sheriff's
> deputy, but I have a policy of not telling random callers how to disable
> alarm systems.
>
> I feel for them, but I have a firm policy, of never performing service fo=
> somebody with a past due balance, and never working for free. =A0It is no=
t "my
> alarm" system. =A0I have no obligation, and I have work to do for paying
> customers. =A0I could do perform service for the current occupant, but th=
ey
> are unwilling to pay for service.
>
> All parties have had plenty of time to take whatever measures they need t=
o.
> I'm going to work.

You handled it allright. I would have done the same thing. Although I
might have given one or all of them the name and number of a couple of
installers that have jerked me around in the past by not unlocking a
panel when the customer wasn't getting good service and wanted me to
take over their system.

It's funny sometimes. I keep track of the guys who've given me a hard
time but they don't don't keep track of who they 've screwed.  Every
once in a while I'll get a bad customer and I'll refer them to one of
these installers and sometimes I'll get a message thanking me for the
referral.
( heh heh heh >:-> ) Obviously they're calling me before they actually
visit or speak to the client.