Re: 7845i keeps dropping IP connection

On Oct 29, 1:18=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 28, 9:42=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > "SStech217" <pong_...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > it keeps losing its internet connection, but not its connection to th=
e LAN. Cycling the connection by physically unplugging and plugging it back=
 in fixes it every time.

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > It's yer router. =A0I like Linksys myself.
>
> > Routers go bad, they just do.
>
> True but when they go they go, I've never seen one with an
> intermittent problem. I would still blame the ADSL service before I'd
> blame the router.

It's really not that the router is bad; some of the older SOHO routers
just fail to re-negotiate. (even though they say they do)
ADSL frequently releases/renews IP addresses, and changes DNS.
Sometimes just doing DDNS on the router helps as well.
Power down resets the cache. It's a never ending battle...
I see GSM winning the war.