Re: reasonable monthly rate

"Christopher Glaeser" <cdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Depends.  You going to buy your system or finance it?  You want local
>> service or DIY?  If DIY you going to cover the local alarm permits or
>> ignore them until you get a ticket?
>
>I have a professionally installed system.  It's a Radionincs, built with the
>home twelve years ago.  Uses phone line, no GSM.  I've been paying $35 a
>month since I purchased the home.  It seems a bit high.  Do you think that's
>a reasonable rate?

You could find a lower rate since you apparently own the system.  The trick will
be to find a dealer willing to monitor it.  Call around the locals in your area
and tell them what you have, and ask if they want to monitor it.  Radix panels
need a special programmer machine and not everyone messes with that line.

What model do you have?  If it's the cheap residential panel I'm thinking of
(can't remember #) it's probably time to replace it with something less
proprietary and more feature rich.