Re: ADt pulse

6-b756b526a5d8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> > > Tommy, ADT hasn't offered a free system in years. The least you can
> > > get an ADT system for is $99.00 (activation fee or whatever they call
> > > it), and that's only from a dealer. Corporate ADT sells their basic
> > > resi system for $249.00 with a $100.00 rebate.
> > > DSC has a neat panel in the Alexor, and their self contained system i=
> > > receiving an overhaul which will make it's debut at ISC West.
>
> > True it's not free, though i still see some of the dealers advertise it
> > that way. They are not counting the "activation fee". I have used the 9=
047
> > panel a couple of times, but i havent tried the Alexor panel yet.
>
> I've had an Alexor for quite a while, haven't had any issues with it

RHC: Yes, it seems to be a very good panel so far. I have installed
four of them in situations where you simply cannot get a wire between
the keypad location and the panel location. My only comments so far
are that the keypad goes to sleep very quickly to save batteries if
you aren't using the AC connection kit, and the built in siren is not
really sufficient if the panel ends up being located in the basement.
I've installed these systems using the wireless siren which works very
well, as do the rest of the wireless components. Paradox have a
wireless keypad for their MG series of panels but having installed a
couple, they are not as user friendly as the DSC keypad, although they
also work very well (although a little slow to communicate with the
panel....)

I think DSC have a good product here, and I'm sure the "money
machines" companies will be buying this board a lot. Even an untrained
installed can install and program this board.

The installer lock also cannot be "cracked" by convention methods(just
like the 1616 and 1832) but we're working on it, so a locked board is
going to stay locked (for now).