Re: DSC PC5010 question

On 05/11/2010 2:53 PM, Adrian wrote:
> On 5 nov., 17:36, Jim Rojas<jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Adrian wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>
>>> For what is the section 994 on a DSC PC5010 v2.0 ??
>>> While trying to enter PC-LINK programming I'm afraid I've typed 994
>>> instead of 499.
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Adrian
>>
>> I don't think there is a 994.
>>
>> Jim Rojas
>>

> In the manual there is no 994 section. However, the panel does allow
> entering into that section, it will not give an error like in other
> cases of non-existant sections.

994 initializes the French/Canadian chip.  If you have speakers on your
system you will start hearing colourful Quebecois cuss words whenever
you enter an incorrect code.  After three attempts Maurice Chevalier
will start singing:  "Tank 'eaven for leetel buttons, for leettel
buttons they grow beeg-ger every day"...

I'm quite frankly surprised that Jim didn't know this.  :-)

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net