Re: Help with adding two window sensors to ADT alarm.

On Oct 31, 12:17=A0am, Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Because my instructions came with a proviso, which he may not see if
> >> he's searching for an online answer (or even if he searches this Group=
).
> >> =A0 =A0I don't like to do it, Jim, but anyone that's determined enough=
> >> ignore the warnings and does it anyway deserves what he gets.
>
> >> --
> >> Frank Kurz
>
> > It would seem to me that rather than be party to the event, it would
> > be preferable to not give him the means to do it in the first place.
> > If he wants to do it let him figure out how on his own.
>
> > That brings to mind a very old simple story about the guy who finds
> > his friend hiding in a closet during a lightning storm. He says to his
> > friend, don't you know if lightning is going to strike you that
> > there's no way you can stop it? His friend says well if it's going to
> > strike me ..... let it look for me.
>
> > Let the guy look for his own means to destruction, rather than
> > providing it.
>
> Very wise. =A0But in times like this (where the answer to most peoples
> questions are readily available "online"), wouldn't it be nice if
> someone took the time to actually list the "riot act" along with the
> appropriate answer? =A0It seems to me that the Internet is "clogged" with
> "easy fixes". =A0You simply enter a few simple search terms and "voila!".

Again irrelevant, like Jim says let the guy look for himself without
helping

> =A0 Hopefully when push comes to shove, the next individual looking for a
> "quick fix" to his home security system problem will actually stumble on
> this thread. =A0Call me "naive" if you want, but I was thinking about the
> OP having enough intelligence to recognize he was in "over his head".

How exactly he going to know that? He see's he has a keypad, he thinks
it's an alphanumeric keypad...hey why not!

Except you've gotten him into programming and without any other "help"
he'll look at a display showing "20" until the tech comes out to fix
it, better hope he doesn't punch any other keys until then.