Re: One Man's Opinion on the Best Way to Protect Your Home

On May 26, 2:57=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hopefully, it will be better research than his previous stuff leading
> >to the erroneous conclusion that AlarmForce is the best option between
> >them, ADT, Brinks and Voxcom........you really have to
> >wonder !!!!!!!!!!
>
> I know (about wondering) what his motive was. =A0Hopefully he is not a sa=
lesman
> for Alarmfarce, and trying to pass this off as legitimate research.

RHC: No, I don't think so. He also claims to be somewhat of an expert
on a wide variety of security issues, although I find that a bit much
to believe, given the shallowness of his "research". His position was
he was going to remove himself from all the negative criticism
directed towards these four large companies and just compare features
and prices for the benefit of his readers, since he was assuming that
a lot of the negative press was from unhappy ex-employees and
contractors. Of course doing this is removing anything of real value
to the consuming reader, since then you simply get a price / feature
comparison of these four large companies. It doesn't say a word
towards whether or not any of these companies are really good value
overall or long term, taking into consideration monitoring services,
after sales response, and warranty coverage.

Frankly, knowing what I know, I would have ranked Voxcom first by a
long shot, ADT second, Brinks third, and AlarmForce a very distant
fourth being they're little more than a scam. But even re-organizing
the order still doesn't tell any discerning security system shopper a
damn thing !!