Re: Winload question

"Jim" wrote:

> mleuck wrote:
>
>> Remember that only 5% of installers/dealers use
>> downloading software...
>
> You've made that comment before and although I'd
> guess that you're fairly accurate in what you are
> observing...

That's the problem.  Mark says this is what he is seeing.
He probably believes what he's saying. He's just wrong.

> my first thoughts are that the installers that you deal with
> have got to be on the low end of the ladder. I know I'm
> in a metro area which there's a larger installer base ....
> but I likely don't have as large a cross section of installers
> as you do, to judge from, (so that may have something to
> do with the fact) but I don't know of one single installer
> that doesn't download. And that's got to be in the hundreds.
> I know that there are some panels that are just too simple
> to waste the time to download, so I do them manually.
> But even then, sometimes I just download it because I'm
> more confident of not making mistakes with the
> downloader against manual programing.

That is why I insist that any of my DIY clients who want
help programming use the downloading software.

> So, that's why I'm thinking that the installers that you come
> in contact with are probably just not ......... ummmm (to be
> kind) up on all of this here new fangled tekno-olodgy stuff.
> Some people just don't want to make that one final plunge
> of learning something new to make things easier.

I think you're exactly right, Jim. There are a lot of guys out
there who have would rather not bother to learn any more
than how to connect the pieces, call the job in and move to
the next customer. This kind of installer is certainly going to
depend on the kind of company Mark works for (nothing
negative intended by this). They handle the programming.
They do the billing. The dealer only needs to get the system
wired and connected to a phone line.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass