Re: Winload question

On Mar 19, 10:32=EF=BF=BDpm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 6:20=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Remember that only 5% of installers/dealers use downloading software,
> that's why it's usually crap or slow to update-

You've made that comment before and although I'd guess that you're
fairly accurate in what you are observing,  my first thoughts are that
the installers that you deal with have got to be on the low end of the
ladder. I know I'm in a metro area which there's a larger installer
base .... but I  likely don't have as large a cross section of
installers as you do,  to judge from, (so that may have something to
do with the fact) but I don't know of one single installer that
doesn't download. And that's got to be in the hundreds. I know that
there are some panels that are just too simple to waste the time to
download, so I do them manually. But even then, sometimes I just
download it because I'm more confident of not making mistakes with the
downloader against manual programing. Unless someone is consistantly
installing small systems I don't see any reason why someone would
NEVER download. I'm presuming that other download programs have a way
to pre-program all the features that you normally use, so that only
minor modifications to the program need to be made when doing a new
installation. That way, most times, more than 50% of the program is
already done. Just add account numbers, change configuration of PIR
etc zones and add the name and address. You don't have to fill out a
program sheet. or do any record keeping, it's all in t he laptop. What
could be simpler?

So, that's why I'm thinking that the installers that you come in
contact with are probably just not ......... ummmm (to be kind) up on
all of this here new fangled tekno-olodgy stuff. Some people just
don't want to make that one final plunge of learning something new to
make things easier.

Reminds me of that old story about how to make a camel drink enough
water to last seven days in the desert. Normally camels can only hold
enough water for six days. But .... the secret to the seventh day
is .... when they're watering up, just before they finish drinking,
you get behind them and slam their balls between two bricks and the
amount of water they take in, is the seventh days worth.

Maybe you should get a set of bricks for some of your dealers.
Although, I don't know how you'd get behind them while they're
manually programing.