Re: Security Panel with IP Connectivity.

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jun 2, 4:27 pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "CCUBOSS" <1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Customer system hit by lightning. Wants a new panel that he can connect
> > to via network. anyone got insight into any panels that have this
> > feature? he had a dsc 5010. Normally I use Networx. GE has a network
> > module NX590E. I have not used it. Looks like it is mostly for
> > reporting. I think this customer is more interested in controlling the
> > system via net. Any one use the 590E? how does it work? reliable? can
> > the system be configured and programmed via net reliably?
>
> If you are already familiar with the Networx product line it will be
> easier
> on your brain to stay with it.
>
> The NX590-E does what you want, although it is not easy as you might want.
> There are some quirks.
>
> The DL900 software can be set to give your customer a user name and
> password
> that will limit his access to specific areas and only have access to
> certain
> functions.
>
> Please be advised that as of yesterday 6/1/2010 the NX590-E has been
> discontinued. Once all boards are out of distribution it will be gone.
> Only at that time will the replacement NX590-NE be available which may not
> be for months or more.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Les

> Whats different about the NE?

That is what Tech Support said that the new part number would be.

I would guess it may have a newer technology chips or something along with
additional features(maybe).

I have noticed some other parts now have the N entered into the part number.
Like the NX-650N.  Has a 123 battery and appears to have new chips.

I am also guessing that these changes were already in the works before UTC
got into it.

I am hoping that it is all for the good.

Les