Re: Security Panel with IP Connectivity.

"CCUBOSS" <123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Customer system hit by lightning.  Wants a new panel that he can connect
> to via network.  anyone got insight into any panels that have this
> feature?  he had a dsc 5010.  Normally I use Networx.  GE has a network
> module NX590E.  I have not used it.  Looks like it is mostly for
> reporting.   I think this customer is more interested in controlling the
> system via net. Any one use the 590E?  how does it work?  reliable?  can
> the system be configured and programmed via net reliably?

If you are already familiar with the Networx product line it will be easier
on your brain to stay with it.

The NX590-E does what you want, although it is not easy as you might want.
There are some quirks.

The DL900 software can be set to give your customer a user name and password
that will limit his access to specific areas and only have access to certain
functions.

Please be advised that as of yesterday 6/1/2010 the NX590-E has been
discontinued.  Once all boards are out of distribution it will be gone.
Only at that time will the replacement NX590-NE be available which may not
be for months or more.

Good Luck,

Les