Re: AlarmNet A 7720ULF

"Crash" <robosama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:98627c1a-3551-4d78-9530-d738f2d4a3a5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jul 10, 4:47 am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 10:12 pm, Crash <robos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know how to unlock this? It was abandoned 3-4 years ago (orig
> > installer out of biz), still sends sigs to dead account, so I know it
> > works but we gotta switch it to another account number and line card
> > on diff receiver.

>I have the 7720P and it's asking for passwords, so it's locked. Ademco
>will unlock it but that may take 3-4 weeks, which is not good for a
>commercial fire account.
>Sheet.

The apparent turn around times for  some Honeywell products seems far too
long, I had a Silent Knight 5820XL that conked out last week, the
distributor told me that currently they are seeing  6 to 8 weeks for factory
repair of Silent Knight products. It never used to be that way. Unless of
course the distributor is exaggerating the repair time to promote new sales.

Still, in your Alarmnet case if it was abandoned 3-4 years ago and has been
sending signals to a dead account, then another 3 or 4 weeks probably won't
hurt.

Doug