Re: Keypad DOA

motley me wrote:
>      	I ordered a replceent keypad(6150RF) for an ademco panel alst week
> and didn't get it till friday. well i go Monday to install it and LOW AND
> BEHOLD the damn thing was DRT(dead right there). When powered up the
> backlights would come on, but no beeps, no screen and key presses wouldn't
> register. So now i have to send the thing back and make another trip to the
> customers.
>
>      	Another thing, has any one else noticed how cheap the ademco keypads
> are starting to look? The pc board on the 6150rf was flimsy. I took it off
> to check the back of the membrane and pc lands and i was afraid to put too
> much pressure on the board.
>

> Anyone else had DOA problems?

I believe the keypad comes addressed as 31 by default. If you have more
than one keypad installed, check and see what the other one is
programmed as by pressing and holding the 1 + 3 keys for a few seconds.
If the keypad displays 16, change yours to 17. If it displays 17, change
the new one to 16. Either way, 31, 00, 16, 17, 18 will work depending on
your panel. Worse case, just hook the old one back up and see what it is
addressed as.

Jim Rojas