Re: OH, how I hate Fedex

On Jan 26, 11:33=A0am, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim Rojas" <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > which comes in handy. The only thing that pisses me off about USPS is
> > their never ending price increases year after year. I remember when
> > Priority Mail first came out. $3.85 for a one pound package. That same
> > package is now $5 - $5.44, depending where its going. At the rate USPS =
is
> > going, it will be cheaper to get in your car and deliver it yourself...
>
> They have a union to feed and overall their big money maker was 1st class
> mail. =A0With most people sending e-mail, using instant messengers, and
> networking sites that has been dropping dramatically every year.

Thats why the Post Office lost 5 billion last year, they cannot
compete against UPS or FedEx

Interesting thing about UPS vs FedEx, UPS is heavily unionized and
transports packages primarily by trucks, FedEx is mostly non-union and
transports packages primarily by aircraft, because of this FedEx is
generally lower in pricing than UPS AND transportation laws permit
them to stay non-union which pisses off the union for UPS. Instead of
trying to find better ways to compete the union is trying to change
those transportation laws which will do nothing but raise FedEx's
pricing.