Re: OH, how I hate Fedex

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hjk85i$fka$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> which comes in handy. The only thing that pisses me off about USPS is
> their never ending price increases year after year. I remember when
> Priority Mail first came out. $3.85 for a one pound package. That same
> package is now $5 - $5.44, depending where its going. At the rate USPS is
> going, it will be cheaper to get in your car and deliver it yourself...

They have a union to feed and overall their big money maker was 1st class
mail.  With most people sending e-mail, using instant messengers, and
networking sites that has been dropping dramatically every year.

The priority mail system and the flat rate boxes have helped them get a
little back, otherwise they have no choice be to keep creeping up rates.
Atleast they are doing one smart thing and doing it slowly instead of
putting themselves out of business with a massive rate hike all at once.

I use USPS more and more for package shipping.  I used to use UPS, but a
recent e-mail notification I got told me I that us on-line shippers who do
not have a formal UPS account will now be charged the same rate as retail at
the UPS stores.  A formal UPS account is a pain in the wazoo.  They want a
bond and have minimums and all kinds of things.  Its actually more of a pain
than a traditional credit card merchant account for something to compare it
too.  They may have actually helped out USPS with this little move.  I know
they did it because of pressure from their UPS store franchisees, but It was
probably a poor move.  I can ship most things USPS and have them picked up
by my route carrier.  It's a heck of a lot more convenient.