On a positive note

I charge penalties for late payments.  They are defined in my contracts so
they really are not arguable.  Some customers always pay late and never pay
the penalties unless I get after them about it.  Particularly other
contractors.  Sigh.  If you have to be late fine.  I understand, but pay the
price of it.

Anyway, I got an annual monitoring payment from a contractor today.  They
paid the penalties.  Including ones on invoice all the way back to 2006.

WOW!