Re: using CAT5 for smoke detectors

> They did nothing.

The first time I reported a lockeded exit door, I was shocked at the
response.  When you tell someone something so obvious, like, um, you forgot
to put on your pants this morning before coming to work, you expect them to
say, oh my gosh, I simply forgot, let me rush home and put on a pair.  But
no, they just stand there and declare that they are indeed wearing pants.

I'm no longer surprised.  I notice a locked exit door every couple of years
in this or that establishment.  I no longer waste my time with management.
I call the fire department and let them deal with it.  They can get their
attention, otherwise known as a citation.  It's so unfortunate when we hear
about fire tragedies that could have been easily avoided.

Best,
Christopher