Re: OT: Testing so,methjing -- IGNORE -- Don't read this

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

> More likely they treat like an inconsiderate
> idiot because they haven't a clue what you are
> asking for.  You are the one who brought up
> Home Depot.

Oh gosh, I didn't mean to... but why are people so mean to
you?  You seem like a nice guy.  I've had maybe one bad
experience at Home Depot.

The company has a policy of hiring handicapped people
(something I like).  The few times I've needed to return
anything there was no hassle.  Once they replaced a snow
blower (obviously, that was before I moved:)) with a larger
model at no charge *after* I'd used it for two seasons.

The staff I've dealt with have invariably been polite.  Some
are knowledgeable.  Most are not or are marginally so but I
usually know what I want -- only need to know where it is.

On one occasion in CT the guy in the electrical department
explained that they didn't have the 440 Volt "WYE"
transformer we needed for my church, but he was a
semi-retired electrician and he happened to have one in his
garage.  I don't recall if he donated it or just charged us
very little, but it was pretty nice.

I know a lot of tradesmen hate HD for pretty much the same
reason some of these guys resent me, but you're not like
that.  I just don't get why so many distributors and such
give you a hard time.  If you were buying stuff from me I'd
be making cheeseburgers or something.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics