Re: OT: Testing so,methjing -- IGNORE -- Don't read this

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> ...In THIS group???  You've gotta be kiddin'!  :-)

Hi Frank,

Well, yes. But it's pretty hard to accuse me of spamming
with that subject line.

Actually, it's a marketing feature of my shopping cart
software.  There's a ling to generate HTML code for social
networking sites.  I don't actually use that stuff yet, but
I've been toying with it.

I can write HTML well enough for my online store, but it's
time-consuming.  There's a link in the SCART system to
"Generate HTML Code" to make a small page with product text
description, image, quantity selector and an "Add to Cart"
link.  One click and the viewer at the checkout page with
the product.

There are numerous times when clients have asked my staff
for products not yet in my database.  I can create a new
product in 2 to 3 minutes and send them email while I'm on
the phone with them.  The coolest thing is when they know
it's a not in the store but I add it while were chatting.
After a couple of minutes I ask, "Can you check your email,
please?  I just sent you something."

Previously, I would just have them go back online and drill
down to the product.  That's analogous to asking a drugstore
clerk where the band-aids are.  He'll tell you they're on
aisle nine near the pharmacy.  The new method is like Home
Depot where they walk you directly to the bin, take one out
and place it in your hands.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass