Re: First Alert FA-210 panel keeps beeping

On Aug 25, 10:57=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 25, 7:30=A0pm, Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulf...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Dennis wrote:
> > > Hi, I have a 10 year old First Alert FA-210 panel which shows LO BAT
> > > off and on, but there is no zone number info. Sometimes the panel wil=
> > > keep beeping until I press any key on the keypad to turn the beeping
> > > off. According to the manual, it says it is due to low system power
> > > condition. But I checked the AC power and it seems to be feeding the
> > > correct voltage to the control box. Any clue?
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Dennis
>
> > I suspect bad capacitors in the supply section.
> > Replace them.
>
> Jeeeez !!!!!!!! =A0 There are no "bad capacitors" for cripes sake. Don't
> confuse him any more than he already is.

In the old heavy relay panel days pre80's  the battery was just stand
by duty no low battery indicator most panels.and 120 vac was taken to
box to a heavy wound transformer which could run several sirens.
When electronic boards came about the battery became integrated to the
board  to provide the energy needed to run the sirens. and 120 runs to
a small wall transformer.
after changing battery it could take up to 24 hr till battery is
floated to proper voltage and panel sees it.
aprox 13.5 most panels.