Re: Got a Job Interview - Anyone heard of 'em?

G. Morgan wrote:
> JoeRaisin <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> https://www.multibandusa.com/home/
>>
>> I googled 'em and the only negative thing I found was a guy complaining
>> that he was laid off without two weeks notice - I don't find that unusual..
>

> Uhhh....  On the website click "Retail Store" at the top, then "Specials".
>
> I can see them selling remote controls, but they also sell Barbeque grills and
> hot tubs.  I shit you not, look for yourself.
>
> This is not a good sign.

Thanks for the responses guys.

What equipment and whether or not I HAVE to buy from them is a major
deciding factor.  One of the guys I used to work with said he thinks he
knows this company and that it basically a list of hand tools and some
satellite specific type sensors that you have to prove (show) you have -
he doesn't even think they sell 'em - but if they don't sell those but
they DO sell grills...

What I am encouraged about is that there aren't a bunch of scam warnings
about these guys and they have apparently been around for while.  One of
the few complaints that did pop up on google wasn't about them but about
a company they bought - so they sound fairly legit.  Don't get me wrong
I don't have a Pollyana view and will keep my eyes and ears open during
the interview.

What DOES concern me is that they do have techs in company vehicles but
are asking me to work out of my own - I think that sort of sounds like a
temporary deal.  I mean, if they are filling a vacant position, there
should be a van available or if they are creating new positions I would
think they would be leasing more vehicles.  Then again, could be a
hundred other reasons for this.

Well, I gotta hit the road in about an hour so I want make myself all
clean and shiny just in case it's the greatest job opportunity I've ever
interviewed for...

I'll let ya'll know what happens...