Re: FASA

On Aug 13, 6:47=A0pm, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "rugbug14" <rugbu...@xxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion :
> 84482717-0304-4b46-83db-8cbeca21d...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > This is just for the florida. Will like to know who should pay for the
> > required FASA certification.
> > the employer or the employee? also is there any reference in the
> > florida administrative code about this FASA. and how it should be
> > administed.(the test for certification)
>
> we have a new certification in Quebec too..
>
> To receive it you need to file a long 9 page form and pay 140.00$ +tx for
> the first year. if you fail the test you are reimburse 38$ and you cant w=
ork
> anymore in the trade..
>
> then you have to pay 80$+tx every years to recheck your credential, if yo=
> fail, you loose it all, your certification and your job..
>
> We are negociating the new collective agreement right now, I asked for th=
> cost of certification is paid by the boss..
>
> This whole thing is supposed to clear away the trade of fraud and bad
> company.. I really dont think it will have any effect at all..

You need to run this past FL dept of labor or equivalent  or federal
wage and hour  division.
because there may already be case law which decides these things  in
your state.
Trade license could go either way.
Its like the CDL license some company's will pay for you to get and
maintain it some will not.  depending if full/part time  paid by load
or by hour etc.