Re: Off Topic - But Heinous

On 17 Apr, 12:35, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I had no idea our government.
> was treating our veterans so badly. =A0

Why not?  The article says the Nation has been reporting on it for
three years.  If this sort of thing is important to you, why haven't
you paid more attention?

> Now, thanks to Joe I can contact my
> representatives and voice my opinion.  That's how things get changed

Actually, things get changed when lobbyists write large checks to your
representatives.  That's how your representatives got rid of those
pesky regulations that so inconvenienced Wall Street, which almost led
to a crash of the world economy.

This issue has been reported on for three years but your reps have
done nothing.  Why aren't they paying attention?   Aren't they among
the people who scarcely let a day go by without expressing a desire to
"support the troops?"

Hmm, I must be feeling cranky today.

Matt Hughes
http://www.archonate.com