Re: The Bling gang

Bill wrote:
>> Can anyone cast light on this glaring omission in the show. I presume
>> these mansions are well protected even against "professional" thieves,
>> so how could a group of spoiled teenyboppers get past this kind of
>> security. I have to assume it was people simply not arming their
>> systems or other glaring "user error" stupidity like that. After being
>> robbed once however, you'd think they'd do something even as simple as
>> arming their system properly....
>>

> A "mansion" does not necessarily have a more sophisticated security system
> than any other home. And actually these people would tend to be business
> types or the home would be managed by business types. And they would only
> install the minimum system required by the insurance company.
>
> Whereas a person owning a regular home might be more careless with their
> money. They might have additional security features installed which would
> not give them any additional break on their insurance rates.
>
> And that is how the rich get richer, by watching their pennies.
>
> TV is fantasy. The fancy laser beams and so forth they show in these
> "mansions" is a crock of hooey!
>
> The reality is that the most sophisticated alarms are going to be in
> something like a beer distribution warehouse! (Other than government secret
> stuff.) Why? Because these get broken into the most! And insurance companies
> know this - thus they require an iron clad security system!
>
> It all has to do with statistics, losses, and what the insurance company
> requires.
>
> Back to the mansions... Even a basic system would be quite difficult for a
> "teenybopper" to get past.
>
> I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Might want to look at employee
> theft... (Some of these "mansions" can have up to 60 employees working
> there!)

I upgraded my system to be fully wireless. It gave me more flexibility.
I placed a motion detector in each room that has a door or window door.
Even I can get to my alarm panel without tripping at least 2 motion
detectors. I went the extra mile and placed smoke detectors in each
bedroom, heat detectors in the laundry room & loft storage. I added it
all a little at a time. Next thing I know, My Vista 50P has 47 wireless
zones... :)

Jim Rojas