Re: The Bling gang

> Can anyone cast light on this glaring omission in the show. I presume
> these mansions are well protected even against "professional" thieves,
> so how could a group of spoiled teenyboppers get past this kind of
> security. I have to assume it was people simply not arming their
> systems or other glaring "user error" stupidity like that. After being
> robbed once however, you'd think they'd do something even as simple as
> arming their system properly....

A "mansion" does not necessarily have a more sophisticated security system
than any other home. And actually these people would tend to be business
types or the home would be managed by business types. And they would only
install the minimum system required by the insurance company.

Whereas a person owning a regular home might be more careless with their
money. They might have additional security features installed which would
not give them any additional break on their insurance rates.

And that is how the rich get richer, by watching their pennies.

TV is fantasy. The fancy laser beams and so forth they show in these
"mansions" is a crock of hooey!

The reality is that the most sophisticated alarms are going to be in
something like a beer distribution warehouse! (Other than government secret
stuff.) Why? Because these get broken into the most! And insurance companies
know this - thus they require an iron clad security system!

It all has to do with statistics, losses, and what the insurance company
requires.

Back to the mansions... Even a basic system would be quite difficult for a
"teenybopper" to get past.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Might want to look at employee
theft... (Some of these "mansions" can have up to 60 employees working
there!)