Re: The Bling gang

On Apr 10, 11:23=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 7:25=EF=BF=BDpm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 9, 10:55=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I just finished watching a story on Dateline about a series of
> > > burglaries committed in Hollywood against a number of Hollywood stars=
.
> > > A gang of teens had stolen millions of dollars worth of goods from th=
> > > homes of stars they idolized simply to have in their possession
> > > objects that the stars actually owned. This young group of
> > > overprivileged moral misfits had somehow broken into these million
> > > dollar mansions that presumably were equipped with high end alarms, o=
> > > at least with high end video systems, since the video published from
> > > these cameras ultimately led to their capture. Nowhere in the show di=
> > > it discuss how these amateurs had somehow defeated high end electroni=
> > > security systems, other than one mention that Paris Hilton (who had
> > > been robbed of millions during three hits) left her door key under th=
> > > front mat...
>
> > All I care about is did they steal any Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson
> > or Lindsay Lohan sex tapes and when they plan on releasing them to the
> > public?
>
> > And I suspect Paris Hilton was asking to be robbed, it's the only
> > publicity the skank gets these days.
>
> RHC: Ok, I guess I'm not going to get any serious answers or comments
> to this question....:)) Had people seen the show, maybe the responses
> might have been more serious, or at least in keeping with a security
> newsgroup....oh well...-

Sorry Robert, I haven't been paying too much attention. Been busy.

In my experience, you can just chalk it up to ..... they don't arm
their systems.  I'm guessing, but, I guess it's just because they DO
have so much money that they can always replace what is taken. I have
clients who have minimal or don't even have theft on their homeowners
insurance. When mentioning that they can get a discount on their
homeowners insurance, I've been told that they're "self insured" what
ever that means. If they ever DO use their systems it's when they're
out of town. I'll  usually get the phone call the day that they're
leaving when they discovered on the way out the door, that they
couldn't arm the system. I'll be given instructions on who to contact
while they're away to "repair" the system. That usually turns out to
be something like replacing a magnet on a basment door that was
probably knocked off 3 months ago by some maintenence worker or
something. Or, ,maybe they had a power failure and the keypad was
telling them that as they walked out the door but they just didn't
know enough to press the reset button. A hundred dollar service call
is acceptable to them. After all, they have the system for years and I
only have to come every once in a while when they're going out of
town. That's resonable as far as they're concerned. Only a few of my
clinents have "extra" security. They mostly have their doors and
windows and some PIR's or glass breaks. Nothing over the top.

I had a client a number of years ago, Doctor, lived in a 8000 square
foot house. Just a basic alarm system. Lady of the house never put her
jewlery away. Always laying on her dresser. She leaves the house while
the landscapers are working. Doesn't lock the doors. Leaves the
sliding glass door open in the master bedroom. Later on that evening
she discovers $ 60,000.00 dollars worth of jewlery is missing.
Couldn't prove who did it ..... so it went to insurance and she got
most of the money returned because it had been appraised and listed
with the insurance company. Go figure.

The alarm is just something that they put in, "like a vac system"
while the house is being built and of course "it would be foolish not
to have one" ( even if they don't use it)

 If anyone does vac systems for wealthy people, how many times do you
think the problem with them is ...... THEY DIDN'T EMPTY THE F......
ING BAG!!!!  The owner never uses the damn thing. The cleaning lady
just vacuums. She doesn't even know where the hell the vacuum is. All
she knows is that the dirt gets sucked into this hole in the wall.
Empty a bag?   Hell no! They just think that these people have so much
money that the dirt just blows out of the house, straight to the city
dump. If it doesn't work it's probably because they didn't pay the
vacuum bill.