Re: OT-Westboro Baptist Church

On Apr 2, 2:41=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >There's something about this that irritates the shit out of me.
>
> >http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/30/westboro.baptist.snyder/index.htm...
>
> What a perversion of the legal system. =A0I remember the day of the funer=
al and
> seeing those people protesting made me angry and really sad. =A0I feel so=
 badly
> for what the 150 or so families have had to deal with on the toughest day=
 of
> their lives. =A0And it makes me sick that our government allows 1st amend=
ment
> rights of those sleezeballs to supercede all that is good and decent.

It's not a perversion of the legal system, the soldiers father sued
them and lost and had to pay their legal expenses. Like it or not
those idiots have the right to protest.

> At the time, there was talk of Congress writing a bill to ban protestors =
(or
> anyone not authorized) from the public cemetery grounds on days that mili=
tary
> funerals were taking place. =A0I guess that's one more thing to add on to=
 loooong
> list that they promise to do, then ultimately fail. =A0It's very sad just=
 thinking
> about all those families have been through. =A0

And if that would have happened it'd would have been struck down by a
Federal court or the Supreme Court

> Then President Bush should have made an executive order to shut down this=
 type
> of harassment. =A0

Can't do that, it's illegal and then morons like RLB would scream he
was shutting down free speech

> Hell, have you ever been around when any sitting president
> visits your city? =A0They set zones of protection up to the extent it cau=
ses air
> delays and major traffic jams.

As someone who once waiting in traffic for an hour while a Clinton
motorcade went through I can say that's a different situation and
security related

 =A0Why can't the same be done on a much smaller
> scale for our Veterans on the day they are honored for giving their lives=
 for
> the Country's sake? =A0 Pres. Obama =A0should do it now, since an executi=
ve order
> seems to be the only way to actually get something done.

It would be illegal for him to do it as well then I'd be the moron
screaming about him shutting down free speech