Re: Off Topic - But Heinous

In article <slrnhsknnu.ggj.dbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
dbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David DeLaney) said:

> Followup: I see an "I lurked here" from further on down. So: let
> him come discuss with us milSF that includes unexpected biological
> contamination, or unreliable backup from the home country, or
> corruption in the legislatures.  Or mil-fantasy that includes
> realistic disease, or that has the healers too tied up caring for
> the big shots to take care of problems among the enlisted men. Or
> any number of things along that line.

Having had both Walter Jon Williams' VOICE OF THE WHIRLWIND and
Richard K. Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs books called to mind recently, my
initial interpretation of "unreliable backup from the home country"
was completely different from what you meant.

"Fuck!  They sent us the wrong fucking discs!  Kowalski and Hamer
aren't on _any_ of 'em!  Fuck!"

-- wds