Re: Telco Line Fault??

"ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:z4pBn.55010$vX7.28936@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hey to all,
>
> I installed a new Fireworx FX-64RD panel a couple of months ago.  Almost
> from day one started to receive sporadic Telco Line Faults.  Both Line 1
> and Line 2.  Little correlation can be determined except it happens 9
> times out of 10 during the week Monday - Friday and during the day 9am to
> 5 pm.  In other words 90% of the time during working hours.  (aka when the
> phone are likely to be used)
>
> It happens 1 to 3 times in a given day and then skip a day or two.
>
> It was originally connected  to their Line 1 and Fax Line, I have moved to
> L-1 and L-3 no help.  It is now on L-1 and L-2 and am waiting to see how
> it goes.  Line 1 happens less frequent so I have left it alone.
>
> In calling UTC Tech Support...........................  I was told that
> the threshold voltage is 10vdc.
>
> I have gotten the 10vdc from a couple of different techs so that must be
> the number but it seems to be on high side.  I remember on a burg panel
> that I was having a problem a couple of years ago I was told the threshold
> was 6vdc.
>
> What I am reading at the panel is 6.5 to 7.5vdc when a phone is off hook.
> So if the threshold is 10vdc then the panel is going to go into trouble
> after the timeout of 2 minutes which is the maximum.
>
> The lines that I am working with are (what I think is) POTS lines on
> copper. However I was told that if there is a digital converter?? it could
> cause some trouble.  How do I determine if this is the case???
>
> Has anyone here experienced this??  Especially on this panel??
>
> Any additional thoughts that may help would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Les

If the threshold really is 10 volts, which as you say sounds too high, and
off hook you measure 6.5 to 7.5 volts which sounds about right then other
than changing to dedicated lines you are going to struggle to resolve this.

Honestly I can't see that the threshold voltage is really set at 10 volts or
it would be a major issue for them.

Doug