Re: 21 Things a Burglar Won't Tell You

"Jon Danniken" <jondanSPAMniken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7gkp6uF2oac13U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> sligoNoSPAMjoe@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> That has a lot of good information in it, but it is also good
>> to keep in mind that many burglars are just stupid and don't read the
>> how to book.
>
> It also depends on the pedigree of your thief, which is dependent upon
> their intended mark.  Around here, we mostly get crank addicts looking for
> a quick grab.  Other parts of the country, the thieves are more
> professional.
>
> A few years ago here locally a woman got some jewelery swiped.  She was
> mowing her lawn, and left the door unlocked while she was
> mowing/weeding/cleaning up.  Thief walked by, said, "Hi!", then when she
> went to the other side of the house just walked in a took what he wanted.
>
> I lock the door now when I mow the lawn.
>
> Jon

I live in a place so remote that NO ONE walks by. Anyone not in/on a vehicle
would be suspect. Plus, since it's a narrow two-lane road, the thief would
have to pull off onto the shoulder or into a driveway. Not exactly subtle.
Still, no one out here locks much of anything unless you're going on
vacation.