Re: Background Check

Actually you might want to take a look at what apartment rental businesses
are doing lately to screen renters. And combine that with general employer
screening and an unarmed security guard license.

The way the apartment rental business looks at things is they are "loaning"
someone a property worth upwards of $100,000.00. A bad renter can cause a
lot of damage costing thousands of dollars in repair bills and lost rent! So
they take great care to be sure their investment will be well cared for.
Lately they will check...

- Driving records (driver's license check) - The thinking here is that if a
person is a responsible driver, they would be responsible in other areas of
their life as well. Be able to follow the rules of society, etc. Also this
could indicate a drug/alcohol problem.

- Criminal records check - Here the rental business is looking for drug
related offenses. They don't want to have a "drug house" on their hands or
be faced with an environmental toxic contamination clean-up cost. You would
of course look at everything.

- Credit check - With this they are looking at the applicant's ability to
pay bills on time. The thinking is if they have paid their other bills on
time, the rent will be paid on time as well. This is also an indication of a
person's ability to follow the rules of society. You should be flexible with
this. Sometimes people pay everything on time, but circumstances beyond
their control occur - loss of job, divorce, etc. Look at their records
before/after that event.

Then they run a rental history check, that would be additional information
as to their character.

Rental background check service (additional background checks)...
http://www.e-renter.com

And then regular employer checks. Confirm dates of past employment, pay,
references, education, drug testing, etc.

Then pay for them to get an "unarmed security guard" license. For this they
may need to be finger printed and more checks run.
http://www.securityguardservicesguide.com/license.php